In today's post, I would like to give you some insight into the pricing structure of commercial photography that may add to the overall cost of the project.
- Transportation of equipment and setting up of mobile studio on location.
- Product Staging – this is an important factor in product group shots.
- Product Styling.
- Product Photo Shoot - time spent on product photo shoot invariably depends on the type of product. In most cases, by using the same studio lighting set-up, we may be able to shoot multiple products in a single day given that the products are of similar nature. However, in certain cases, we may need an entire day just to create one usable image.
- Stylist's compensation.
- Photographer assistant's compensation.
- Model's compensation.
- Post-production. In many instances, the amount of time spent on post-processing can be more than the actual photo session itself.
- Level of expertise and experience that is expected from the product photographer.
- Creativity. The “value” of this component is quite subjective and should be discussed directly with the client prior to the photo session.
- The use of “Props”. It is crucial in advertising photography to select the right props that match the client's style and expectations.